Downtown Portland Hotels
Run. Don’t walk. To Hotel Fifty this year. For an overnight stay on Saturday, October 5, 2013 in anticipation of great viewing of the 42nd Annual Portland Marathon! The run/walk begins at 7 AM on Sunday, October 6. Or come for the weekend… on Friday evening and do other ‘stuff’ on Saturday. Then view the race on Sunday morning early.
We’ll be the first to say, we’re not the host hotel for runners or their families. But for spectators… ah, that’s another story altogether!
Here’s the Downtown-recommended places from which to observe the race (and boy, to the participants appreciate the support of an enthusiastic crowd. Organizers say that DOWNTOWN, due to its proximity to the start and finish areas, is a great location to observe!
- SW Broadway from Salmon north to NW Davis (mile 1).
- East on NW Davis to SW Naito Parkway (Front Ave.).
- South on SW Naito Parkway to SW Harrison (mile 1 to approx. mile 3).
- West on SW Harrison to Barbur Blvd.
- All SW Naito Parkway (mile 4 to 11). Runners pass twice on Naito Parkway between NW 17th Ave. and turnaround past mile 9.
- From NW 17th Ave. and west on Raleigh to mile 12.
- Toward the finish area on 3rd and Madison from NW Flanders and Front Ave. (mile 25 to 26).
OK, so you’re not a runner. Maybe not even a walker. But a cheerleader on October 7? For sure!
But first and for sure, make your guestroom reservations at Hotel Fifty. No reason as a spectator you shouldn’t enjoy the SUPER comfortable beds and the great bistro & bar in THE ideal location!
Ps. Wear your sneakers just for fun.